Thursday 9 September 2010

I need to learn the Vietnamese for "No, I don't want to ride your fucking moto"

I have been busy busy busy with time-consuming activities such as moving into a new house, working, drinking, getting locked out of said new house, and subsequently roaming the streets late at night. A taxi driver told me I was special and I asked if I was married, so for the record: I'm married and I have three children. I can't distinguish between the Vietnamese for 'ten' and the Vietnamese for 'fuck'. I gave a private pronunciation lesson and was paid in not only money, but also in beer, spaghetti and compliments. I have made several new friends, and a surprising proportion are Irish. My new housemate is called Thoa; she is both awesome and useful. She's giving me a moped lesson tomorrow morning. I feel permanently conspicuous, wherever I go. I haven't taken any more photos.