Wednesday 22 September 2010

Currently sitting on the balcony in my pants, listening to someone nearby playing Spanish classical guitar, and not doing much else - so I thought I'd show off some of the pretty pictures I've taken of the pretty city I live in.


The above photos are from West Lake, the only peaceful place in Hanoi. Taken shortly before my flat tyre, boo. FYI family - this is the lake you're staying next to, it's beautiful.



These are taken at Thong Nhat Park (aka Reunification Park aka Lenin Park) at about 6.30am - the morning exercisers. Another one of my favourite things about Hanoi. Look for the huge aerobics class in the top photo - I pretended to take a photo of the train because I felt pervy. N.B. swimming in the lake is not recommended, unless you're a fan of cholera, as this man apparently is.


This was one of many amazing bowls of pho I've eaten. Unfortunately it was too good to photograph before I'd finished. Price: about 30p. Dead flies: optional.


This I saw on Pho Hue, around the corner from work. I thought it was quite pretty.

I have no classes tomorrow, and that can only mean one thing. (Sorry Mummy.)