Wednesday 20 July 2011

Thing what I did done

I’m really rubbish at posting when I’m busy! I hope I don’t lose my huge swathes of adoring readers.

Things that have happened: I got to go to the National Museum on a trip, and saw an awesome exhibition on life and death, with every pill the average person takes in their life (about 14,000) sewn into a piece of cloth. I also fulfilled a lifelong ambition to go to the Crobar in Soho. I was a week too late to catch Dave Grohl and Josh Homme in there, but I did see a crazy man assault a waitress. One of my Italian students came out as a neo-Nazi in my class. All my other students are really pleasant and much nicer than hoards of wailing Vietnamese children. I booked a trip to go from Munich to Berlin (LADS ON TOUR WOO WHO ARE YA) and I plan to develop a mature taste for fine Bavarian beer, rather than only enjoying weak Vietnamese piss-water. I’ve been inspired by this man to take up writing poetry, and have so far amassed a oeuvre of one whole poem. I hosted a tea party for the Taiwanese.

Good luck to my baby brother, who turned 17 yesterday and who’s going to Vietnam on his own tomorrow. Big adventure!